Friday, November 12, 2010

Gift wrapping and gift card for baby shower


Baby showers are such special occasions for the expectant parents. Its almost a year since I had mine and I still have wonderful memories of that day.

Any heartfelt gift for the coming baby is special for the parents. And if that gift is wrapped beautifully it makes it all the more special.

Recently I had to attend a baby shower of one of our friends. They are expecting a baby boy. I got all nostalgic about my baby shower last year and thought of creating something beautiful. I had a gift box for the gift already so thought of decorating it with a personalized card.



This card has baby birdie looking at his mother. I simply adore the moment when a child looks at his/her mother There is pure trust and unconditional love, something you experience all the more when you have your own child.

I attached the blue ribbons in crisscross over the gift box for added details. I used blue and white colors as it was for a baby boy. You can use pink and white for a girl, or any other fun color for a surprise.

Supplies needed for this project :

- Blue,White and brown card stock
- Scallop punch from Martha Stewart
- Glue
- Marker for the eyes
- Blue ribbon
- Gift Box

I cut the birdies and the branch freehand. If you find that difficult you can download patterns from internet.

I punched the blue card stock bottom to add the details and glued white card stock in the back to get the blue and white pattern. The blue ribbons on the gift box added to the pulled together look.

I hope my friend loved it as much as I loved making it.

1 comment:

We will love to have your comments/feedback!