One of my friends wanted to make handmade Valentine’s Day favors for her daughter's preschool classmates and asked me for ideas. It had to be something her daughter could make with her. I had seen many decorated pencil favors on Pinterest and had been meaning to try one of my own. Here is a picture of the adorable butterfly pencil favors we (me , my friend and her sweet soon to be 5 year old daughter) made.
- Scalloped Circle punch (3.5 inches)
- Small Hearts Punch
- Red, white and yellow card-stock
- Double Sided Tape
Steps for making the project:
- Punch red scalloped circles (depending on how many favors you plan to make) from the card stock using the scalloped circle punch.
- Punch lots of red hearts using heart punch. You need four for each favor.
- Cut out 1.5" x 0.5 " strips from yellow card stock.
- Fold 3" x 11" white card-stock in half and draw butterfly wings as shown in the picture below. I cut one butterfly first and used it as a template to draw others for uniformity. Cut out the required numbers of butterflies.
- Now take the pencil and place it at the center of the butterfly. Attach the yellow strip to the butterflies over the pencil using double sided tape.
- Glue the hearts to the four corners of the yellow strip. And your adorable butterfly pencil favors are ready. Here is another picture of bunch of butterfly pencil favors we made.
I loved how these turned out and may end up making something similar for my son’s preschool classmates too. Let us know what you think about this project. We love to hear from our readers.
Happy Valentine’s Day!