Friday, July 23, 2010

Handmade Summer Flower Arrangement



Usually I need some inspiration or a reason to create something. I have been thinking of giving something handmade to my sister-in-law since long, but have not been able to do so due to some reason or the other. During the last long weekend when my sister -in-law and her family made a last minute plan to visit us, I thought what better occasion to give a handmade heartfelt creation.Like almost most of my creations this is also one of the creations which I created keeping the receiver and the occasion in mind. Since their marriage anniversary was also there in a couple of weeks I decided making a beautiful clay flower arrangement in bright colors to brighten their day. I decided on rose and hydrangeas as they depict the long lasting love and friendship which is the key to a happy marriage.



Well, time was a limitation this time too but since I had to do it, I had to find a way to do it. Clay flowers do take time and skill to create and this is one craft you cannot sit and do in one go. It does take time and I used any spare time I got during the day and the night.
For this lovely arrangement

Supplies used :
-Ceramic pot
-Deco Clay : white, red, yellow, green
-Foliage
-Wire
-Floral Tape
-Floral foam

Please refer previous posts for the step by step tutorial for the technique used to create rose.Hydrangeas are used as filler flowers along with contrasting foliage. The different shades shown in the flowers are achieved by mixing the basic colors of the deco clay (the japanese air dry clay).



The above pictures show the flower arrangement from various angles and close up too.
I am very pleased with the result and would love to know your opinion too.




p.s.: I am glad that my brother-in-law and sis-in-law also liked it along with my hubby. My hubby was there all along supporting me especially during the last phase of this project. Lucky me.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Your flowers are absolutely beautiful! I love the colors!

    Wishing you a good week!

    Barbara Diane
    http://whimcees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful work there. The color combination is really good and the arrangement looks good too. great work once again!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has come out so well. Nice to find a kindred spirit. I too can make something best if I am inspired by a person

    ReplyDelete

We will love to have your comments/feedback!